15 February 2012

Creamy Asparagus Stuffed Chicken with Faux Hollandaise Sauce

So, we have a habit of buying produce and forgetting to use. I found some asparagus and butternut squash in the fridge that were needing to be used. I decided I would use the asparagus, but wanted to do something other that roast it. I searched the internet for ideas. I discovered the idea of  asparagus stuffed chicken. I took elements of  several recipes I saw to create a very delicious meal. I think my hubby felt like he was getting 5 star treatment with this one.

Creamy Asparagus Stuffed Chicken
  • 4 small Chicken breasts or 2 Large Chicken breasts
  • Bunch of Asparagus
  • 3 oz Neufchatel or cream cheese, softened
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • 1 green onion, chopped
  • 1 tsp Dijon or spicy brown mustard
  • Toothpicks.
  • 1/4 Bread Crumbs
  • Faux Hollandaise Sauce (recipe below)

If you are using 4 small Chicken breasts pound out each breast so it is 1/4"-1/2" thick. If using 2 large breast, carefully slice each breast in to 2 thinner pieces.  Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add asparagus and boil 4 minutes. Put asparagus in a bowl of ice water to shock asparagus and quit the cooking process. Mix together cream cheese, garlic, green onion and mustard. Drop a scoop of the cream cheese mixture on each chicken breast. Grab 5 or 6 asparagus spears and place at the end of chicken breast. Roll chicken breast tightly around asparagus and cream cheese mixture. Fix with a toothpick it needed. Put bread crumbs on a plate and lightly roll chicken in the bread crumbs. Bake at 350f for 25-30 minutes until chicken is cooked through. Top with Faux Hollandaise Sauce.


Faux Hollandaise Sauce

  • 1/2 cup mayonnaise
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • 1 tsp lemon juice
  • 1 tsp Dijon or spicy brown mustard

Whisk ingredients together. Bring to a boil over medium high heat, stirring frequently

6 comments :

  1. This looks sooo good! And so easy! I'm always looking for new recipes dealing with asparagus since my guys loves it! Thanks!

    Love,
    Your newest follower

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds way yummy! Thanks so much for sharing at Shine on Fridays.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your presentation for this great recipe is wonderful, we would really enjoy it!
    Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and have a fabulous week.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks really yummy!! I am following you with bloglovin. :) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

I'm sorry, but I've turned word verification on again. I hate trying to decipher the words just as much as anyone, but I'm getting way too much spam. I tried doing comment moderation as people suggested but the number or spam comments I had to sift through was ridiculous. I appreciate your comments and didn't want them to get lost among the spam. Hopefully, I can reduce the amount of spam and turn the word verification off soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...